I didn’t do the research for this. I found this in today’s Boston Globe. I’m reposting it here for easy reference and just in case other locals want this information. Personally, I’m curious about CSAs, but it probably doesn’t make much sense for me to put the money into it mainly because I’m single and without children. It would have to be a split cost with the housemates. Once Plumduff gets married and moves out, I doubt anyone in the house will put in the effort for a vegetable garden (I admit that I’m a bit sun-paranoid so gardening doesn’t appeal to me), so this is definitely an appealing idea.
CSA farms, right around the corner
By Darry Madden, Globe Correspondent | February 11, 2009
The following farms – including some that are already sold out – have pickup points inside I-495.
Allandale Farm, Brookline, 617-524-1531, http://www.allandalefarm.com
- Share $350 and $600; pick up at farm.
Appleton Farms, Ipswich, 978-356-1655, http://www.appletonfarms.org
- Share $650; pick up at farm.
Arrowhead Farm, Newburyport, 978-465-8109, http://www.arrowheadfamilyfarm.com
- Shares $550 and $650; pick up at farm.
Bay End Farm, Buzzard’s Bay, 508-759-8050, http://www.bayendfarm.com
- Share $500; pick up at farm or delivery to Cambridge, Plymouth.
Bear Hill Farm, Tyngsboro, 978-692-4224, http://www.bearhillfarmcsa.com
- Share $520; pick up at the farm.
Brookfield Farm, Amherst, 413-253-7991, http://www.brookfieldfarm.org
- Share $490; delivery to Arlington, Cambridge, Jamaica Plain, Lexington, Newton. (Sold out.)
Busa Farm, Lexington, 617-548-6040, http://www.busafarm.com.
- Members pay $250 and receive $300 in “Busa bucks” to spend at the farmstand.
Colchester Neighborhood Farm, Plympton, 781-588-4255, http://www.colchesterneighborhoodfarm.com
- Shares $500-$700; pick up at farm.
Connors Farm, Danvers, 978-777-1245, http://www.connorsfarm.com
- Share $30 a week; pick up at farm.
Dragonfly Farms, Pepperell, 978-433-3906, http://www.dragonfly-farms.com
- Shares $270 and $475; pick up at farm and at the Allston and Westford farmers’ market.
Drumlin Farm, Lincoln, 781-259-2176, http://www.massaudubon.org/drumlin
- Share $575; pick up at farm. (Sold out.)
Enterprise Farm, Whately, 413-665-8608, http://www.enterpriseproduce.com
- Shares $110 and $150 per month; delivery to Arlington, Boston, Dedham, Jamaica Plain, Somerville.
Farm Direct Co-op, Marblehead, 877-332-3276, http://www.farmdirectcoop.org
- Annual membership fee $50. Shares $180 and $300; delivery to Marblehead, Melrose, Salem.
The Farm School, Athol, 978-249-9944, http://www.farmschool.org
- Share $600; delivery to Cambridge, Watertown.
Farmer Dave’s CSA, Dracut, 978-710-6120, http://www.farmerdaves.net
- Shares $350-$700; pick up at farm or delivery to Gloucester, Lawrence, Somerville.
First Light Farm, Danvers, 781-710-6749, http://www.firstlightfarmcsa.com
- Share $600; delivery to Beverly, Ipswich, Topsfield.
The Food Project, Lincoln, 781-259-8621, http://www.thefoodproject.org
- Farm pick-up share $700; delivered share $500 to Arlington, Cambridge, Jamaica Plain.
Greater Newburyport CSA, Newbury, 978-465-2913, http://www.greaternewburyportcsa.com
- Shares $285 and $535; pick up in Newbury.
Green Meadows Farm, Hamilton, 978-468-2277, http://www.gmfarm.com
- Shares $475 and $625. (Sold out.)
Heaven’s Harvest Farm, New Braintree, 508-867-9577, http://www.heavensharvestfarm.com
- Shares $225 to $600; delivery to 25 points in city and suburbs.
Heirloom Harvest CSA, Westborough, 508-963-7792, http://www.heirloomharvestcsa.com
- Share $625; pick up at farm or delivery to Arlington, Brookline, Cambridge, Framingham.
Land’s Sake Farm, Weston, 781-893-1162, http://www.landssake.org
- Share $650; pick up at farm only. (Sold out.)
Lindentree Farm, Lincoln, 781-259-1259, http://www.lindentreefarm.com
- One-time membership fee $25; shares $650 and $800.
Luna Farm, North Reading, 617-680-8335, http://www.localharvest.org/farms
- Share $600; delivery to North Reading, Somerville.
Many Hands Organic Farm, Barre, 978-355-2853, http://www.mhof.net
- Share $550; delivery to Dorchester, Holden, Palmer, and Worcester.
Moose Hill Community Farm, Sharon, 781-784-5691, http://www.massaudubon.org
- Shares $350 and $600 (Mass Audubon members only); pick up at farm.
Newton Angino Community Farm, Newton, 617-916-9655, http://www.newtoncommunityfarm.org
- Share $300 and $570; pick up at farm. (Sold out.)
Parker Farm, Lunenburg, 978-582-9943, web.mac.com/parkerfarm
- Shares $325 and $500; delivery to Cambridge, Somerville.
Picadilly Farm, Winchester, N.H., 603-239-8718, http://www.picadillyfarm.com
- Shares $425-$525; pick up at farm or delivery to Arlington, Bedford, Belmont.
Powisset Farm, Dover, 508-785-0339, http://www.thetrustees.org
- Share $600; pick up at farm.
Red Fire Farm, Granby, 413-467-7645, http://www.redfirefarm.com
- Shares $465-$700; pick up at farm or delivery to Brighton, Cambridge, Jamaica Plain, Somerville (bicycle delivery option).
ReVision House Urban Farm, Dorchester, 617-825-8642, http://www.vpi.org/Re-VisionFarm
- Shares $550 ($300 for residents of 02124); pick up at farm or delivery to Cambridge, Jamaica Plain, Milton, Roxbury, Somerville.
Rise and Shine Farm, Marshfield, 781-837-6702, http://www.localharvest.org/farms
- Share $450; delivery to Marshfield.
Sauchuk Farm, Plympton, 781-585-1522, http://www.sauchukfarm.net
- Share $450; pick up at farm.
Siena Farms, Sudbury, 978-479-0019, http://www.sienafarms.com
- Share $750; delivery to Cambridge.
Silverbrook Farm, Dartmouth, 508-991-5185, http://www.silverbrookdartmouth.com
- Shares $325 to $730 (some fees include bicycle home delivery); delivery to Boston City Hall, Copley Square, Dorchester, and other locations.
Stearns Farm, Framingham, 508-371-4310, http://www.stearnsfarmcsa.org
- Shares $335 and $610; pick up at farm. (Sold out.)
Stillman’s, Lunenberg, 508-867-7193, http://www.stillmansfarm.com
- Shares $350 and $500; pick up at farm sites in Lunenberg, New Braintree; delivery to Brookline, Framingham, Jamaica Plain, Lunenberg, Quincy, Southborough.
Stone Soup Farm, Belchertown, 413-687-4341, stonesoupfarm.googlepages.com
- Shares $260-$560; pick up at farm or delivery to Boston, Cambridge, Leominster.
Sweetwilliam Farm, Upton, 508-529-2000, http://www.sweetwilliamfarm.biz
- Shares $400 and $650; pick up at farm.
Tangerini’s Spring Street Farm, Millis, 508-376-5024, http://www.tangerinisfarm.com
- Share $625; pick up at farm.
Waltham Fields Community Farm, Waltham, 781-899-2403, communityfarms.org
- Share $550; pick up at farm. (Sold out.)
White Barn Farm, Wrentham, 774-210-0359, http://www.whitebarnfarm.org
- Share $600-$625; pick up at farm.
World Peas, Lowell, 978-654-6745, http://www.nesfp.org
- Share $550; delivery to East Boston.