I have a lot of thoughts about 2018, but since this is a food blog, I’ll keep it to food related things only.
Here are my highlights:
1. Eating bugs with the Nordic Food Lab!
2. Curry biscuit sandwich. I’m still trying to figure out the right recipe for home re-creation.
3. Ok, this one isn’t food related but it was definitely a highlight – a workshop with Dr. Jacob Harden.
4. This Bon Appétit salad recipe:
5. Finally making Kenji Lopez Alt’s vegan ramen recipe.
6. Meeting Yvette Van Boven.
7. And Kakawa Chocolate House finally opened their MA location in Salem.
What were your favorite food memories of 2018?
I’ve been hearing that SEAS has been posting the new lectures on iTunes if you’ve missed an evening. I haven’t personally looked it up yet. I can tell you that their youtube site does not have any of the Fall 2011 lectures up yet.
I didn’t post last week because I did not attend Joan Roca’s lecture. I was stressing over my fall schedule to be honest. And I realize now that the video link I posted for Harold McGee/Dave Arnold was the live lecture link. Oops. Well, at least I gave you a tiny summary, right?
Anyway, onto a discussion of chocolate!
Roman Morato was this year’s chocolatier. (Last year was Enric Rovira.) So, here’s a summary of things I’ve learned. Continue reading